Friday, November 20, 2009

The Hawk

I have actually worn the Mohawk style for about 5 years. When my hair was natural, and later on when I got it cut. It has been seen as trendy more recently, but I can honestly say...its a normal style now. The 'hawk goes back years with Mr. T rocking it in the 80s to before then and is deemed a "rebel" style, which is why I always loved it so much. Whats so good, is that its been flipped so many times. You can see all versions of it done differently. Many will argue that since its trendy, its considered wack. I actually find the beauty in it, if its done right and healthy. I am back to my hair being in this style, and I love it. The complements keep me inspired and continuing to wear it like it is. I posted some pics of where I would like to take it. Enjoy.



1 comment:

Don said...

Yep, Mr. T owned that hairstyle in the 80s. I like the look on Kelis, myself.