Monday, December 3, 2007

Nailed it down!


I remember rocking 4-5 inch nails back in high school. See my cousin did nails, so I had a crazy hook up. I would have the wildest colors that I had my boyfriend pick out. Electric blue, purple, black, the list goes on. My freshman year algebra teacher told me that long nails were inapproapiate for someone that is 14. So I cut them down, and eventually stopped wearing them Sophmore year. I picked up the habit again last year. Hey! I had a nice paying job, so I could afford to. Now my signature color is pink, I have an overlay, and the colors are wackier! Thanks to Kid Sister, not only the ghetto girls will be rocking the permanent trend.Here are my top two nail spots that have the cleanest and safest facilities, you don't want green fungus on ur tens!



-Maxim Nails, 3469 S. King Dr. Chicago, Il 312-791-0066

This is located in Bronzeville, and its one of the most affordable shops. The staff is very straight forward, and fast. Ignore the street hustlers outside, unless u want a pack of socks, or bootleg cds. Just bring ur own OPI polish, their polish is cheap.



-Fantasy Nails, 45 E. Chicago, Chicago, Il 312-664-0012

This shop is located by Water Towers and a Starbucks! So u can get a mani, pedi and shop. This salon is my favorite, they only use the best polish, and the staff is mad patient. So patient that u might fall to sleep while getting ur acrylic brushed on. One of the technicians is gangsta, and does not play when it comes to her money. U might find celebs at this salon, and men getting pedis.

No comments: