Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My girl likes to party all the time....

When I originally started my company 80s Babies...I wanted to direct it toward the youth. That was the original goal. College students, young adults, free thinkers, etc, etc. But...I ended up getting some 21+ club venues, and it was over. Almost two years later...I am trying to get back to where we started. There are some differences in the over 21/under 21 crowd...



Under 21:
Pros
-Loves Dancing
-Eclectic Dressing
-High Energy, w/o the liquor
-No commitments
-Loves to party
-Unstable love relationships

Cons
-Can't legally drink
-Broke
-Drama
-ADD
-They can't make the party...it has to be there already



21+
Pros
-Mature
-Sexier crowd
-Able to drink(That gets these stiff asses loose)
-Able to pay for cover
-Good Networking
-You can play old school music at these parties


Cons
-They have too many responsibilities
-Boring
-They get waayyyyyyyy to wasted sometimes
-Fucked up attitudes(I am too grown for this)
-Hypocrites
-Picky


Hate to stereotype...but I do this man. And I really don't give a fuck. This is a competition, I didn't come here to make friends. (I had to go reality show on y'all)
Agree? Disagree?

4 comments:

Chris said...

It is what it is...and if they can't get with it, they should leave...

Erika said...

I dunno, it seems like I should be biased because I'm 18, and I've been kicked out of bars before, but I used to get into 21+ things because I made connections, and I have to say they're a lot more fun to be at. The vibe is just...different. 18+ has a cocaine vibe, like people are bouncing off the walls and shit, but 21+ has a marijuana vibe...nice and laid back and just cool. Like I said, I dunno.

Rebecca V. O'Neal said...

well i can speak to both sides, being 21 and having promoted both types of parties before I turned 21.

YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD... the thing is, I much prefer 18+ parties for now... I've rarely had FUN at a 21+ event...

I was sneaking into 21+ clubs since I was 18 and it was fun at the time, but now that I can get in legally, the fun seems to be zapped out of the situation... maybe in a few years I'll get into the grown and sexy vibe... now, I just want to party lol.

Mz.Sullivan said...

I feel both of u ladies. Erika....u r silly....."bouncing off of walls...". Everyone expects a party to be hype. Its starts with the dj and ends with the person partying.