Tuesday, August 12, 2008

V-Necks are the new She Necks

Corny title? Well fuck you. Anyhoo, I was super stoked to go shopping for basics a couple of weekends ago. I usually hate buying plain tees, but I have been shopping around for the perfect v-neck. Who says the guys are the only ones who can rock a plain white v-neck? Lil' Wayne...move over. The ladies are taking that. My girlfriend meets me at Starbucks one day, and I noticed she rocked a white v-neck with some linen pants. After gawking at her boobage in the tee, she told me she got her v-neck at Urban Outfitters for $16. Wow! I mean I love their Lux brand, but a bitch is on a budget. So I sought out to go on a quest for the perfect v-neck. I visited Wet Seal, and Forever 21. Wet seal has more colors and a heavier material, a bigger spandex percentage, and their tee is 2 for $10, not bad. Forever 21 has two types, with a lighter cotton material, less spandex, more masculine, and only $4.50. I bought both brands. I personlly think the key to rocking the v-neck is rocking it like a dude. So I went up two sizes, and three in a grey one from Wet Seal. I like both brands, more so Forever's version. Since the tee is loose, I can go ultra short or tight with my bottoms. I rocked the v-neck look all weekend long, and felt so carefree and fashionable. Paired with multiple metal necklaces and bracelets, I was good to go. I encourage you girlies to go out and get you a tee to rock for the late summer days and fall.


1 comment:

Erika said...

Yeah, I used to be super hesitant about V-necks then my bf gave me one of his since he didn't want it anymore and I've been loving it. If they can make a loose fitting V-neck tunic that I can just wear with leggings and flats, it'll be all good!